Maui sandwich shop closed after health inspectors find roach infestation in kitchen

By | November 11, 2020

  • COURTESY HAWAII DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
                                The Hawaii Department of Health has issued a red “Closed” placard to Bale Sandwich & Vietnamese Food restaurant in Kihei due to a roach infestation in the kitchen.

    COURTESY HAWAII DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH

    The Hawaii Department of Health has issued a red “Closed” placard to Bale Sandwich & Vietnamese Food restaurant in Kihei due to a roach infestation in the kitchen.

The Hawaii Department of Health’s Food Safety Branch has shut down Bale Sandwich & Vietnamese Food restaurant in Kihei after a health inspector discovered a roach infestation in the kitchen.

The inspector issued the restaurant at 225 Piikea Ave. a red “Closed” placard Friday.

The health department said the business “must provide records of pest control treatments and significantly reduce or eliminate roach presence” in the kitchen to be allowed to reopen.

A follow-up inspection is scheduled for today.

According to the health department, the inspector visited the restaurant after receiving a complaint from a customer who reported finding a roach in crispy noodles purchased from the restaurant.

The inspector found “40 to 50 live roaches in the kitchen — including on disposable pans, food packages, prep chill units and cabinets.”

The health department said a small roach was also observed on vegetables in the prep chill unit.

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Source link

READ MORE  Eddie Aikau foundation announces winners of student contest

Leave a Reply